Ryan Oliver Emge
New York, New York
B2B ACCOUNT-BASED MARKETING & DEMAND GENERATION LEADER
I am an ITSMA® certified account-based marketing (ABM) and SiriusDecisions® certified B2B demand generation marketing leader. I bring a fresh approach to leading teams with an open, objective and organized management style to solve problems and strategically land and expand accounts. I hold a diverse background in finance, technology, legal, retail, education, automotive, health sectors.
ServiceNow, New York, NY 2020 – Present
Senior Account-Based Marketing Manager
- Leading the development of an account specific ABM plan in partnership with the account team to develop deep decision maker relationships, create brand awareness, secure meetings, accelerate pipeline and drive internal customer advocacy and adoption.
- Creating and deliver cross-portfolio GTM account specific activities and marketing plays that align to an account specific business imperatives.
- Planning and executing account-specific pipeline generation and acceleration programs targeting specific key contacts within an account.
- Leading ongoing planning and review sessions with the sales teams and other key players assigned to these accounts to ensure alignment and focus on strategy and objectives.
- Working with industry marketing, the campaigns marketing team, and other internal teams to determine existing programs and assets that align with an account’s GTM plans and incorporate them into the overall plan.
- Together with the global ABM team, working with internal design, digital teams, and external agencies to develop content and assets for specific accounts and specific contacts within the accounts.
- Identify key strategic partners for each of the accounts and work together with sales, business development teams and the partners to develop joint account plans and initiatives.
White & Case LLP, New York, NY 2016 – 2020
Senior Account-Based Marketing Manager & Demand Generation
- Drove global organization’s efforts creating a go-to-market (GTM) plan using account-based marketing (ABM) and demand generation efforts for strategic accounts, enabling marketing efforts to translate to measurable business impacts
- Spearheaded account-specific marketing campaign planning for financial accounts, directed two reports, partnered across multiple teams to drive more awareness, engagement, and pipeline. These efforts increased marketing qualified leads of +$5M in revenue by over 311% YoY and MQLs of +$1-5M in revenue by over 140% YoY using LinkedIn sponsored content and lead-generation
- Led, trained, and supervised shared global team resources within marketing, communications, and business development (sales) and 1K+ lawyers to drive marketing and business development efforts
Samsung, New York, NY
Senior Demand Generation and Digital Marketing Manager 2015 – 2016
- Directed vision, strategy, development, and execution of demand generation in social and digital marketing in hospitality, retail, education, healthcare, finance, and federal sectors across owned, paid, and earned persona-based lead generation industry content campaign efforts resulting in accelerating over $45M in pipeline marketing qualified leads
- Developed teams in digital marketing, product marketing, and sales, supervised three direct reports, seven agencies, and 15 technology vendors to support the campaign by creating and delivering industry content which increased average weekly engagements across social media platforms by 1,900% [from 2K to 40K YoY] growing marketing qualified leads by 100% from 350 to 700 new active C-suite and manager-level customers in the target enterprise segment
- Optimized the entire Samsung business website through SEO which increased organic searches by 9% YoY from 2,2M [(33% of the site) to 2.5M (42% of the site)] and doubled sales inquiry leads
Booz Allen Hamilton, Washington, D.C. 2014
Senior Advocacy Engagement Marketing Consultant
- Led C-Suite engagement and advocacy program within cybersecurity, data science, digital, and defense business groups, which drove competitive share of voice of social engagement with the development of employee engagement pilot by over 4% month-over-month across disciplines
- Increased brand-owned and earned content engagement by an average of 24% month-over-month with the enlistment of 75 subject matter experts and influencers
eBay Inc., San Jose, CA 2012 – 2014
Content Marketing Program Manager
- Directed automotive and electronics industry vertical content strategy through the customer decision journey (discovery, consideration, engagement, conversion to retention). across social, web, email, paid, and influencer marketing
- Trained and supervised three direct reports, four agencies, 20+ technology vendors, industry teams, and product and vertical groups to drive campaign objectives which increased new users 105%, repeat users 153%, traffic to site 344%, and revenue 57% using owned, earned, and paid media YoY
- Developed strategy and execution for monthly social media influencer marketing campaigns that delivered averages of customer acquisition 150%, repeat buyers 851%, traffic to site 529%, revenue 185% with an ROI of 380% YoY
Consumer Technology Association (CTA), Washington, D.C. 2011 – 2011
Social Media Marketing Manager
- Drove overall social media strategy, content, messaging, monitoring, and analytics processes for CEA and the world’s largest electronics trade show, International CES
- Grew CES Facebook page overall fan reach 65% to 48K fans, and 744% to 509K impressions, engagement by 1,200% to 1K engagements per month and increased volume of content 525% to 50+ posts per month
- Increased Twitter reach 16% to 22K followers and 1,472% to 680K impressions, engagement 78% to 110, and increased volume of content 339% to 260+ Tweets over the period of 6 months
- Designed co-launched social media promotions with Mercedes, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel, eBay, ESPN, and YouTube
MXM, part of Accenture Interactive, Washington, D.C. 2010 – 2011
- Led blog strategy, content development, and creative design for Chrysler automotive brands Jeep, Dodge, and Ram Truck in social media agency within B2C space. Provided monthly reports on audience engagement and growth. Coordinated social media initiatives and campaigns across multiple brands with internal and external stakeholders. Planned editorial content strategies on a short and long-term basis, monitoring breaking news related to industry and brands
- Managed two direct reports and guided editorial team of external subject matter experts that published 250 blog posts, resulting in being cited in the Wall Street Journal and other outlets, garnering an audience of 277K absolute unique visitors driven by 628K engagements, which led to 156% YoY visitor growth
SaabHistory.com, Washington, D.C. 2005 – 2010
- Conceived, developed, and managed social media blog, targeting Saab automotive owners, enthusiasts and dealers to increase brand awareness and advertising revenue, publishing over 5K+ blogs posts driving over 2M visitors and 1M video views
- Independently launched and managed grassroots PR “SAVE SAAB” campaign using SaabHistory.com, blogs, Facebook, and YouTube to influence and engage customers, dealers, while being interviewed and published in New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, Boston Globe, and USA Today, influencing GM’s decision to sell Saab Automobile to Spyker
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business, Vermont College, Montpelier, VT Focus: Business, Marketing, and Economics
- Introduction to Marketing, Wharton Online, Branding, Customer Centricity and Go-To-Market Strategies 2019
EXTRA-CURRICULAR & VOLUNTEER
- Au Pair, Stockholm, Sweden 2003-2004
- Embassy of Sweden, Organizer & Presenter, ‘Transparent Security in Sweden’ Washington, D.C. 2006
- Boys & Girls Club of New Jersey Hoboken, NJ 2016
- BrainstationÒ Digital Marketing Instructor 2020, 2021
- Marathons New York City 2018, 2019, 2021; Paris, Berlin 2019, Stockholm 2021
- Vätternrundan Motala, Sweden 2021
- Vasaloppet (Öppet Spår) Sälen-Mora, Sweden 2022
- Bike Hudson County Officer, Weehawken, NJ 2022
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- University of Vermont, Sustainable Business Certificate, ‘People, Profits, and Planet’ 2008
- Account-based Marketing Certification, ITSMAÒ, SiriusDecisionsÒ 2019
- Swedish Language, Folksuniversitetet A1 2003, A1-A2, B1 2021
- ServiceNowÒ Marketing Award ‘Dream and Deliver’ 2022