Ryan Oliver Emge
New York, New York
DIGITAL & SOCIAL ACCOUNT-BASED MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADER
Experienced leader in account-based digital demand generation marketing bringing a fresh approach to leading teams with an open, objective and organized management style to solve problems. Holds diverse background in technology, privacy, building, automotive, recruiting, retail, healthcare, hospitality, legal, finance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, trade, education, defense industries.
- Marketing: Demand and lead-generation, account-based marketing (ABM), LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Strategy: Social media marketing strategy counsel – brand, campaign, program, project management
- Measurement: Management of marketing metrics and KPIs from efforts to business impacts
- ]Analytics: Adobe Marketing Cloud/ Omniture, Google Analytics, Tableau, Business Intelligence
- Campaign: Program and campaign design, execution, management and reporting
- Marketing automation: Eloqua, Marketo
- Advertising: Paid social, custom audience development, website re-targeting, content re-engagement, progressive profiling
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat
- Operations: Organizational structure, process improvements and efficiency
- Creative/ Content: Formally trained designer leading copywriting, graphic design, photography, cinematography
White & Case LLP, New York, NY 2016 – Present
Global Senior Social Media Marketing & Business Development Manager (B2B)
Driving global organization’s efforts in paid digital and social media marketing to deliver on business objectives. Responsible for all owned and paid social advertising, channels, governance, training, budget planning, strategy and measurement to grow audiences, engage with relevant content to capture quality leads to drive measurable business results for strategic accounts.
- Spearheading efforts to engage Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Intel, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi and other tech and financial clients using account-based marketing (ABM) using paid digital and social media marketing. Tactics include target account list building with GDPR compliant CRM data, developing a marketing mix across website, paid social, and advocacy marketing channels to drive more awareness, engagement and qualified pipeline for each client along the buyer journey.
- Driving, forecasting and managing annual advertising campaign investments and efficiency on paid social on LinkedIn, Twitter, SEM and display on Google Ads and 3rd party media partners. Increasing investments and efficiency while minimizing media wastes in ad spend with key investments in cost-per-follower, costs-per-engagement and click (CPE/CPC) and costs-per-leads (CPL) across target audiences for campaigns.
- Serving as a leader for marketing with all strategic account teams to develop and maintain personas for target audiences, develop relevant content in order to adjust marketing programs and campaign plans as needed to maintain alignment with account strategies and goals.
- Leading, structuring and managing global digital, social media marketing and advertising operations, process, training, development and measurement efforts for global offices with regional team members, vendors and agencies.
- Implementing rollout of strategic marketing metrics to measure qualified pipeline and attribution of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) from digital marketing efforts to business.
- Recognized as top law firm on LinkedIn in 2018 with the fastest growing follower growth by an average of 35% YoY, most engaged audience combined with an increased volume and variety of content produced compared to 100 competitors globally.
Samsung, New York, NY
Senior Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager (B2B) 2015 – 2016
Led vision, strategy, development, and execution of demand generation in social and digital marketing in hospitality, retail, education, healthcare, finance, and federal lines of business across owned, paid, and earned efforts. Drove social listening, audience development (social and digital), content strategy (web and in social), and engagement using digital KPIs to drive business results, focused on industry relevancy and persona based user acquisition and lead generation. Directed cross-departmental team that collaborated within marketing, PR, sales teams, and product and vertical groups to external agencies, vendors, and partner relationships to drive business objectives.
- Developed industry dream team of subject matter experts in vertical focused influencer marketing program, around industry relevancy through community driven content curation, creation, distribution, and engagement.
- Grew social audiences 500% from 23K to 140K while increasing average weekly engagements across owned platforms from 2K to 40K YoY. Acquired 700 new active C-suite and manager-level customers in target enterprise segment.
- Optimized entire Samsung.com/business website through search engine optimization, increasing from 1.5M organic searches (33% of site) to 2.5M (42% of site), doubling sales inquiry leads from 6K to 12K YoY.
- Increased industry MQLs leading to higher quality SQLs from Samsung Business blog by over 50% from 13K to 23K YoY, resulting in attribution of $45M business pipeline.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Washington, D.C. 2014
Senior Social Media Marketing Consultant (B2B)
Lead C-Suite engagement and advocacy program within cyber security, data science, digital and defense business groups.
- Drove competitive share of voice of social engagement with development of employee engagement pilot by over 4% month-over-month across disciplines.
- Increased brand owned and earned content engagement by an average of 24% month-over-month with enlistment of 75 subject matter experts and influencers.
eBay Inc., San Jose, CA 2012 – 2014
Social Media Program and Content Marketing Manager (B2C/B2B/C2C)
Directed social, content, and brand strategy for motors and electronics businesses across B2C, C2C, and B2B spaces.
Provided high- level thought leadership and strategies for social media, brand, and content through all aspects of customer decision journey (discovery, consideration, engagement, conversion to retention). Managed budgets and internal and external resources in support of media monitoring, influencer engagement, content marketing, platform growth, and reporting across owned, paid, and earned channels.
- Designed first reporting system to track new, repeat customers, traffic, and revenue at platform and content level.
- Increased baseline of new customer acquisition 105%, repeat buyers 153%, traffic to site 344%, and revenue 57% using owned, earned, and paid media YoY.
- Developed strategy and execution for monthly social media influencer marketing campaigns that delivered averages of customer acquisition 150%, repeat buyers 851%, traffic to site 529%, revenue 185% MoM, and ROI of 380%.
- Drove site traffic to eBay.com from social media platforms 36% and ROI 21% YoY.
- Delivered platform reach and engagement by an average of 200% using technique known as social rinsing.
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), Washington, D.C. 2011 – 2011
Social Media Marketing Manager (B2B)
Drove overall social media strategy, content, messaging, monitoring, and analytics processes for CEA and world’s largest electronics trade show, International CES in B2B space.
- Grew CES Facebook page overall fan reach 65% to 48K fans, and 744% to 509K impressions, engagement by 1,200% to 1K engagements per month and increased volume of content 525% to 50+ posts per month.
- Increased Twitter reach 16% to 22K followers and 1,472% to 680K impressions, engagement 78% to 110, and increased volume of content 339% to 260+ Tweets over period of 6 months.
- Drove brand’s share of conversation compared to overall industry 10% to volume of 6K engagements in 6 months.
- Raised positive brand sentiment 633% with majority of discussions 98% positive over period of 6-months.
- Designed co-launched social media campaigns with Mercedes, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel, eBay, ESPN, and YouTube.
- Conceived and implemented multi-channel social media outreach program that lead to over 4K Twitter and blog engagements relevant to brand by influencers that garnered reach of over 550K and 1.3M impressions
- Launched CES’ China social media strategy, platforms including Weibo with comprehensive content plan.
- Developed social media report system that reflected platform performance, share of conversation, dispersion, sentiment, volume, trends, and influencer reach using Radian6.
MXM, part of Accenture Interactive, Washington, D.C. 2010 – 2011
Social Media Blog Manager (B2C)
Led blog strategy, content development, and creative design for Chrysler brands, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck in social media agency within B2C space. Provided monthly reports on audience engagement and growth. Coordinated social media initiatives and campaigns across multiple brands with internal and external stakeholders. Planned editorial content strategies on short- and long-term basis, monitoring breaking news related to industry and brands.
- Managed and guided editorial team of subject matter experts that published 250 blog posts, resulting in audience of 277K absolute unique visitors driven by 628K engagements, which led to 156% YoY visitor growth.
- Launched and organically grew blog audiences consistently MoM with average of 4K visitors by including SEO keywords and key phrase tagging strategy on blog posts, growing total time on site 50% to 1:50, while bounce rate decreased 5% to 60%.
- Blog campaigns cited in Wall Street Journal and other top tier media outlets, leading to 1% of overall referral traffic.
SaabHistory.com, Washington, D.C. 2005 – 2010
Social Media Influencer and Blogger (B2C/B2B)
Conceived, developed, and managed social media blog, targeting Saab owners, enthusiasts and dealers to increase brand awareness and advertising revenue within B2C and B2B spaces. Identified and segmented target audience with relevant content.
- Published over 3,500 blogs posts driving over 2M visitors to website and 335 videos garnering 1M views.
- Utilized social media platforms to promote blog content, which achieved blog audience growth of 166% YoY.
- Interviewed and published in New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, Boston Globe, and USA Today.
- Independently launched and managed grassroots PR “SAVE SAAB” campaign using SaabHistory.com, blogs, Facebook, and YouTube to influence and engage customers, dealers, while being interviewed and published in New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, Boston Globe, and USA Today.
- Mobilized Saab customers, enthusiasts, dealers, and media, influencing GM’s decision to sell Saab Automobile to Spyker.
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business, Vermont College, Montpelier, VT Focus: Business, Marketing, and Economics