Ryan Oliver Emge
New York, New York
B2B ACCOUNT-BASED MARKETING & DEMAND GENERATION LEADER
Bringing a fresh approach to leading teams with an open, objective and organized management style to solve problems and strategically land and expand accounts. Holds diverse background in finance, banking and capital markets, technology, legal, retail, automotive, health, and private equity sectors.
- Strategy: Go-to-market strategy, digital marketing strategy, strategic planning
- Management: Leadership, adaptability, decision making, problem solving, communication skills
- Marketing: SiriusDecisions® certified B2B demand generation certified , ITSMA® certified in account-based marketing (ABM)
- Measurement & Analytics: Google Analytics® Certified, Adobe Analytics®, Tableau, Business Intelligence
- Campaign: Program and campaign design, execution, management and reporting
- Digital marketing & automation: Web, Webinars (SEO), Social Media, Email, Marketing Automation (Eloqua & Marketo®)
- Events: Strategic end-to-end events marketing experience from awareness and registration to post-event follow-up nurturing
- Advertising: Google® Ads certified (SEM, Display, YouTube), Paid Social (Twitter® Ads certified)
- Creative/ Content: Formally trained designer overseeing copywriting, graphic design, photography, cinematography
- Training & Guidelines: Sales enablement training, material creation and guideline development
White & Case LLP, New York, NY 2016 – Present
Senior Account-Based Marketing Manager
- Driving global organization’s efforts creating go-to-market (GTM) and integrated account-based marketing (ABM) plans for strategic accounts in the financial institutions industry, enabling marketing efforts to translate to measurable business impacts.
- Spearheading account-specific marketing planning for financial institution accounts using account-based marketing (ABM) using integrated marketing tactics. Efforts include target account list building with GDPR compliant CRM data, developing a marketing mix across website, webinars, events, paid social, and advocacy marketing channels to drive more awareness, engagement and qualified pipeline for each client along the buyer journey.
- Serving and partnering as liaison between marketing operations and account (BDR) teams and broader global marketing & communications teams in order to strengthen the knowledge, enhance the effectiveness and improve the results of all account marketing activity including all measurement KPIs from ATL to BTL, driving reputation, relationships and revenue.
- Driving, forecasting and managing annual advertising campaign investments and efficiency on paid social, SEM, display, and 3rd party media partners to target accounts that prioritize the business goals and drive client engagement. Increasing investments and efficiency while reducing waste in spend in cost-per-follower, engagement, click and lead across target audiences for campaigns.
- Developing strategy and execution in event marketing plans to drive quality registrations and attendees with top accounts.
- Directly responsible for leading, training and supervising shared global team resources within marketing, communications, and business development (sales) and over 1,000 lawyers to drive marketing and business development efforts.
- Leading paid social advertising to grow audiences by an average of 33% YoY on LinkedIn, while engaging financial institution accounts by an average of 25% QoQ using relevant content enabling demand generation lead acquisition.
- Increased MQLs of +$5M in revenue by over 311% YoY and MQLs of +$1-5M in revenue by over 140% YoY using LinkedIn sponsored content and lead-generation.
Samsung, New York, NY
Senior Demand Generation and Digital Marketing Manager 2015 – 2016
- Led vision, strategy, development, and execution of demand generation in social and digital marketing in hospitality, retail, education, healthcare, finance, and federal lines of business across owned, paid, and earned efforts. Worked with marketing, vertical sales and inside sales teams to engage with the right audiences using a persona based content strategy to drive lead generation business results across social and digital platforms.
- Directed cross-departmental team, trained and supervised 3 direct reports, 7 agencies, and 15 technology vendors. Worked closely with PR, inside and vertical sales teams to drive business objectives.
- Developed industry dream team of subject matter experts in vertical focused influencer marketing program, around industry relevancy through community driven content curation, creation, distribution, and engagement.
- Grew social audiences 500% from 23K to 140K while increasing average weekly engagements across owned platforms from 2K to 40K YoY. Acquired 700 new active C-suite and manager-level customers in target enterprise segment.
- Optimized entire Samsung.com/business website through search engine optimization, increasing from 1.5M organic searches (33% of site) to 2.5M (42% of site), doubling sales inquiry leads from 6K to 12K YoY.
- Increased industry MQLs leading to higher quality SQLs from Samsung Business blog by over 50% from 13K to 23K YoY, resulting in attribution of $45M business pipeline.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Washington, D.C. 2014
Senior Advocacy Engagement Marketing Consultant
- Lead C-Suite engagement and advocacy program within cyber security, data science, digital and defense business groups.
- Drove competitive share of voice of social engagement with development of employee engagement pilot by over 4% month-over-month across disciplines.
- Increased brand owned and earned content engagement by an average of 24% month-over-month with enlistment of 75 subject matter experts and influencers.
eBay Inc., San Jose, CA 2012 – 2014
Content Marketing Program Manager
- Directed automotive and electronics industry vertical content across social, web, email, paid and influencer marketing.
- Provided strategies for content through customer decision journey (discovery, consideration, engagement, conversion to retention).
- Trained and supervised 3 direct reports, 4 agencies, 20+ technology vendors. Collaborated with PR, industry teams, and product and vertical groups to drive campaign objectives.
- Managed budgets and internal and external resources in support of media monitoring, influencer engagement, content marketing, platform growth, and reporting across owned, paid, and earned channels.
- Designed first reporting system to track new, repeat customers, traffic, and revenue at platform and content level.
- Increased new users 105%, repeat users 153%, traffic to site 344%, and revenue 57% using owned, earned, and paid media YoY.
- Developed strategy and execution for monthly social media influencer marketing campaigns that delivered averages of customer acquisition 150%, repeat buyers 851%, traffic to site 529%, revenue 185% with an ROI of 380% YoY.
- Drove site traffic to eBay.com from social media platforms 36% and ROI 21% YoY.
Consumer Technology Association (CTA), Washington, D.C. 2011 – 2011
Social Media Marketing Manager
- Drove overall social media strategy, content, messaging, monitoring, and analytics processes for CEA and world’s largest electronics trade show, International CES in the B2B space.
- Grew CES Facebook page overall fan reach 65% to 48K fans, and 744% to 509K impressions, engagement by 1,200% to 1K engagements per month and increased volume of content 525% to 50+ posts per month.
- Increased Twitter reach 16% to 22K followers and 1,472% to 680K impressions, engagement 78% to 110, and increased volume of content 339% to 260+ Tweets over period of 6 months.
- Designed co-launched social media promotions with Mercedes, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel, eBay, ESPN, and YouTube.
- Developed social media report system that reflected platform performance, share of voice, sentiment, volume, trends with Radian6.
- Managed 2 direct reports and oversaw the responsibility for training and education to the wider team.
MXM, part of Accenture Interactive, Washington, D.C. 2010 – 2011
- Led blog strategy, content development, and creative design for Chrysler automotive brands, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck in social media agency within B2C space. Provided monthly reports on audience engagement and growth. Coordinated social media initiatives and campaigns across multiple brands with internal and external stakeholders. Planned editorial content strategies on short- and long-term basis, monitoring breaking news related to industry and brands.
- Managed 2 direct reports and guided editorial team of external subject matter experts that published 250 blog posts, resulting in audience of 277K absolute unique visitors driven by 628K engagements, which led to 156% YoY visitor growth.
- Launched and organically grew blog audiences consistently MoM with average of 4K visitors by including SEO keywords and key phrase tagging strategy on blog posts, growing total time on site 50% to 1:50, while bounce rate decreased 5% to 60%.
- Blog campaigns cited in Wall Street Journal and other top tier media outlets, leading to 1% of overall referral traffic.
SaabHistory.com, Washington, D.C. 2005 – 2010
- Conceived, developed, and managed social media blog, targeting Saab automotive owners, enthusiasts and dealers to increase brand awareness and advertising revenue within B2C and B2B spaces. Identified and segmented audience with relevant content.
- Published over 3,500 blogs posts driving over 2M visitors to website and 335 videos garnering 1M views.
- Interviewed and published in New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, Boston Globe, and USA Today.
- Independently launched and managed grassroots PR “SAVE SAAB” campaign using SaabHistory.com, blogs, Facebook, and YouTube to influence and engage customers, dealers, while being interviewed and published in New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, Boston Globe, and USA Today, influencing GM’s decision to sell Saab Automobile to Spyker.
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business, Vermont College, Montpelier, VT Focus: Business, Marketing, and Economics
Account-based Marketing Certification, ITSMA® 2019
B2B Marketing Certification, SiriusDecisions® 2019
Google Analytics, Display and Search Ads Google® Certified 2019